In 2016, Stockdale acted as financial adviser on 16%* of all firm offers announced for UK public companies. This placed Stockdale 2nd behind Rothschild, and 1st for those with an offer value of below £100m.
Stockdale advised the offeree company on 6 firm offers (3 of which subsequently lapsed):
• Portland Asset Management (UK) Limited’s offer for Tangent Communications PLC;
• Writtle Holdings Limited offer’s for Tangent Communications PLC (lapsed);
• WSP Global Inc.’s offer for Sweett Group plc (lapsed);
• Dar Al-Handasah Consultants Shair and Partners Holdings Limited’s offer for Sweett Group plc;
• Harwood Capital LLP’s offer for Journey Group plc (lapsed); &
• Harwood Capital LLP’s offer for Journey Group plc
Stockdale advised the offeror on 2 firm offers – both of which were declared unconditional in all respects on the first closing date:
• Inflection Management Corporation Limited’s offer for Superglass Holdings plc; &
• Diversis Capital, LLC’s offer for ServicePower Technologies Plc
Acting on a significant volume of varied and complex transactions, many of which were cross border, Stockdale continues to demonstrate expert technical knowledge and the ability to execute and deliver results. If you believe that we may be able to help any of your clients, please ring your usual Stockdale contact or Tom Griffiths – Director Corporate Finance on 0207 601 6139.
*Data source – Thomson Reuters ‘Public M&A Trends and Highlights 2016’.